Monday, November 30, 2009

I did it!!!!

I chopped it, a whole 12 inches (one foot!!!) of hair is gone from my head. I cringed the entire time Markie (my beloved hair dresser of 3 1/2 years) chopped my pony from my head. I have been telling her my past 3 or so appointments to "get ready! this is it!" Well it never was, so she definitely didn't believe me this time. To her surprise, I came equipped to the salon with my ruler, hairties and plastic baggie, ready for "the great chop" as I referred to it. 12 inches later, here I am. The shortest hair I've had since probably my Derfelt Elementary School days. I've never thought myself to be good with short hair nor do I have any idea how to style this thing but I will get used to it. Maybe I'll learn some new tricks! And hopefully a child out there, victim of cancer, will receive a wig with my hair attached to it and for a few moments I will make them feel happy with the way they look, hopefully feel beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Kenze! It looks great!!! AND its not even THAT short!! Yay! for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KENZ!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO BRAVE!! you look beautiful!!! miss youuuu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to do that... and brave! Geeze! You're hair still looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! you look hot! i miss you and i want to see this hair via skype asap!!!

    ReplyDelete